If you’re natural, you can relate to the fact that being natural is one of the best new experiences, all the while, one of the worst in world history. The lack of hazardous chemicals seeping into the scalp every 2-3 months for the infamous ‘perm’, gauges pretty high on the Richter scale, while the newfound hours of necessary hair maintenance are at a groundbreaking low. We still would have advised every woman to get off the ‘creamy crack’ any day after realizing how terrible perms are for your hair, not to mention your edges, but some prepping from a fellow natural gal pal would have been greatly appreciated. Jus sayin, why didn’t anyone divulge the deets about the 20 minutes or more detangling time, or at least let us know about this essential oil detangler go to we recently discovered? It literally changes lives…literally. We could of legit saved 8,452 hours of unneccesary shower time, with a drop from 20 to 5 minutes of detangling time. Sound the alarms because this is a cause for celebration, insert ‘praise hands’ emoji to google for allowing us to find this game changer. Now we don’t have to get up extra early to detangle our hair, and anything resulting in more time in our nice, warm bed is a decision well made. So ladies, (and gents that have been blessed with great head of hair that make us curly girls jealous), check out this detangler that puts all other detanglers to shame.
- Shampoo and condition hair as usual.
- Apply essential oil detangler from roots to ends. Mix 1-2 tbsp of unrefined coconut oil (you can use more depending on your length and thickness of hair) with 1-2 drops each of the following essential oils, rosemary, lavender, tea tree, peppermint. You may use any essential oils but I like the Young Living essential oils as they are known to be of the purest forms. Another plus is that many of the ingredients in this concoction are antimicrobial, resulting in a nice cleanser for your scalp. So definitely be sure to show your scalp some love too for a little extra cleansing.
- Separate hair into 4 sections and comb through, working your way up from ends to roots.
- For extra moisture, leave detangler in hair or wash out after 5-10 minutes as a temporary leave-in.
- Let us know what you think!