Courtesy of MAC
To conceal, or not conceal that is the question. Concealer is one of those products in a woman’s makeup kit that should never be taken for granted. It’s just as important as your foundation, so don’t let concealer take the back seat, the two work hand in hand. At The Know It Alls, we LOVE a good concealer so let us give you the low down on the benefits of concealer, how to make sure you’ve got your hands on the right 1, and our top picks of course!
The benefits of concealer:
1. Hides hyper-pigmentation on any part of the skin.
2. Corrects under-eye darkness.
3. Doubles as a highlighting shade.
4. Can be used as a CC Cream when blended with face lotion.
It’s important you choose a concealer that works for your skin tone, so we recommend choosing a color one shade lighter than your skin if using your concealer as a highlight. If using a concealer as an overall pigment corrector then pick a shade that is your true match.
Here are our top 3 concealers:
- Kevin Aucoin: Sensual Skin Enhancer 48.00, Sephora.com. With this concealer ALL you need is a pen tip amount per eye. The formula of this concealer astounds me it’s so rich and full of body so the price is well worth it.
- Mac: Mineralized Concealer, 21.00, Maccosmetics.com. This Concealer is beauty in a tube, it’s a no caking/ creasing formula that is lightweight but still serves it full coverage purpose.
- NYX: High Definition Photo Concealer Wand, 4.99, Ulta.com. The $5 price point would lead you to believe this concealer would fail all tests, but to our surprise it passed.